Comment: Dear Canada, nobody cares!


" ... I find the people here to be overly racist. Especially against Americans. In my time in California, I never even heard Canada mentioned (let alone bashed). Here, almost every week at work, I'm hearing some sort of comment about "stupid Americans". I don't know, but I think comments like these reflect more on YOU than Americans." 
 "That is it in a nutshell...Americans do not sit around and obsess about Canada. In all the years I live in the US I can't remember anyone talking bad about Canada. You have to move here to get a firm grip...on how much of a loser country Canada really is."
 (Quotes)

If I have one thing to tell Canadians, it's this: nobody cares. 
Again, I repeat: nobody cares about Canada.

I get comments and swearing emails from Canadians insulting me (the "American") and trash talking the USA. They automatically assume that anyone who criticizes Canada must be an American. They can't fathom that a fellow brainwashed caker would dare to insult the almighty Canada. In one sense they are correct - as I don't consider myself Canadian, but nonetheless, not everyone who hates this place is American. They come from all over the world: Europe, South America, India, you name it.

Even if Canada could prove it was superior to the USA (it can't), there are over a hundred other countries to compare this place to, many of which are far superior on every level. But Canadians won't look that far, they need to console themselves with the fact they live in 'the best country in the world'. To admit otherwise would be painful, considering most of them don't qualify to leave. Consider it a type of Stockholm-syndrome: a psychological barrier they construct so they can survive.

Every other day I hear some insult about 'Americans' or the USA. Canadians write me, frothing at the mouth and obsessing over the USA. But down in the States, nobody cares. Nobody mentions Canada. Nobody thinks about Canada. Canada is so irrelevant to them, that they can't even be bothered to care about it, let alone insult it. The odd time they do, is usually a joke to watch the hysterical reactions of cakers.

The only reason I write about it, is that it's an outlet for stress, seeing as I am held hostage here against my will. Nothing would make me happier than to leave here and NEVER RETURN for as long as I live. Unfortunately, due to family and business I'll likely be required to return at least a handful of times over the years. I would love to leave this dump and never have to THINK about it as long as I live.

When I do escape here, I won't be writing about it. I won't be thinking about it too often. Why? Because I don't care. Canada is a pathetic, cold, boring dump. Nobody cares.

Again: NOBODY CARES.


Share:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive